Survival Flashlight Attachment
57%

Total votes: 7
admin1
Site Admin

Vote for which ZDSK Addon you want !!

Postby admin1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Vote for which ZDSK Add On you want!!

Here's a chance for you to let me know which Zero Day Survival Kit add on attachment you want to see come to life next! Options are between a compass attachment that would replace one of the end caps on the ZDSK or a Survival Flashlight attachment. The ideas for each are below:

#1. Compass attachment: This would replace one of the end caps on the ZDSK. The idea is that the Compass would be oil filled and see through. The reason it would be see through would be to allow a flashlight to charge luminous paper as a backlight for the compass needle. Construction would be available in either 2024 Aluminum or Titanium. Diameter would be the same as the ZD survival kit and would add on roughly an inch or less to overall length of the survival kit.

#2. Survival Flashlight attachment: This one would be a little more challenging but I plan to link up with some of the Candlepower Forums guys in order to bring this to life. Overall ideas are a flashlight in the same diameter as the survival kit, powered off a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery. The battery could be charged by either a power cable or an integral Solar Power (Photo-voltaic) Film. I want to try and incorporate the battery for use as an emergency power bank as well. The end of the flashlight would be threaded to accept filter lenses in different colors for different needs.

Let me know which add on you would like me to focus my attention on. This will obviously be after all Zero Day Survival Kits are shipped and I have confirmed that all Kickstarter backers are taken care of completely.
Syris1219

Re: Vote for which ZDSK Addon you want !!

Postby Syris1219 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Both would be nice :))
noreen

Postby noreen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:39 pm

I like both of the products. :roll:
SPUTNIK1958

Postby SPUTNIK1958 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Both are really good ideas , I wonder if a NATO button survival compass would fit in one of the end caps without modification or an add on . The TAD Omega life pod has a machined end under the cap that accommodates the compass pretty neat design concept.
SPUTNIK1958

Postby SPUTNIK1958 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Landon,
I wonder if a Francis Baker NATO survival compass would nest in the line spool end its 0.597" dia X 0.210" deep ?
Attachments
DSCF0222.JPG
DSCF0222.JPG (23.4 KiB) Viewed 1981 times